The Miami Diller Teen Fellows program offers 20 Miami-Dade County teens, in cooperation with Fellows from our partnership community, Yerucham, Israel, opportunities to partake in a prestigious international program that includes:
TWO AMAZING SEMINARS
- Jewish Communities Mifgash
A 10 day visit from the Yerucham Diller Fellows to Miami each April where an Israeli Diller Teen Fellow is hosted in the homes of Miami Diller Teen Fellows. All Teens will also participate in joint programming and a weekend retreat. This home hospitality is then reciprocated when our Diller teens go to Israel for the Israel Summer Seminar.
- Israel Summer Seminar
Three weeks of traveling, volunteering and exploring Israel as a Cohort, as a partnership, and as a global Diller Community: one week of touring and exploration, one week of International Congress (assembly of all 640+ Diller Teen Fellows from around the world) and one week in Yerucham where teens collaborate to create the itinerary.
Why are Miami Diller Teen Fellows partnered with Diller teens in Yerucham?
For more information on Yerucham, please download this PDF.
Diller Teen Fellows commit to:
- A 12-month program that begins in the fall (September) of one academic year and concludes in the fall of the next academic year
- Monthly local workshops
- Community service projects throughout the year
- Three Shabbatonim (Shabbat retreats) including one with the Yerucham Fellows during the Jewish Communities Mifgash)
- Two full-day workshops
- Ten days of hosting Yerucham Diller Teen Fellows in the spring of the fellowship year
- Three-week Israel Summer Seminar: an opportunity to explore Israel and do meaningful community service throughout the country