Jewish Day Schools
CAJE’s Day School Market provides support and services to Greater Miami Jewish Day Schools including professional development design and implementation, coaching, mentoring and community-wide school programming.
The world of education is changing as fast as our day school students are growing up. For schools to stay competitive, they must:
- Be student-centered and dynamic,
- Operate according to articulated standards,
- Know how to understand and utilize student data,
- Provide high quality curriculum and instruction, and
- Draw on multiple technologies to support student learning.
For our students to succeed in the current and future economy, we must build student capacity for problem-solving, collaboration, effective communication, and critical thinking. In addition, we must provide opportunities for students to take ownership of their learning and equip them with the tools they need in order to be successful in this ever-changing world.
#JBlendMiami enhances Miami Jewish day schools’ capacity to meet the needs of these 21st Century Learners:
- In keeping with CAJE’s mission, it builds capacity within each school and leverages that capacity to personalize student learning through the modality of blended learning.
- In the 3 years since we began implementing #JBlendMiami in Miami Jewish day schools, we have seen dramatic shifts in teachers’ professional practice, student learning, and school culture.
- To date, an average of 50% of students in participating schools are benefitting from this initiative.
Check out this video, which tells the #JBlendMiami story:
- For more information on #JBlendMiami, please contact Valerie Mitrani 305-576-4030 ext. 137 or Audrey Maman at 305-576-4030 ext. 141
The Jewish New Teacher Project (JNTP) of the New Teacher Center accelerates the effectiveness of beginning teachers’ classroom practices. Through high-quality, intensive mentoring by seasoned teachers, JNTP-trained mentors guide the new teachers in developing practical skills in classroom management, lesson planning and pedagogy. This method of collaboration also provides emotional and practical support as new teachers adjust to their first years of teaching. Through this process, JNTP increases teacher retention, student achievement, and integrates teaching standards and professional development within school culture.
Since 2008, CAJE is proud to partner with JNTP to offer this internationally-renowned new teacher induction program to Miami’s Jewish day schools. CAJE staff facilitate the professional development of mentors, administrators, and new teachers participating in JNTP Miami.
CAJE-Miami partners with the world-renowned Yerucham Science Center to implement the Miami Jewish Day School Robotics Initiative. This year-long program focuses on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) education by introducing students to programming, coding, teamwork and problem-solving. Students use Lego EV3 kits as they build robots and tackle specific missions and challenges. Teachers participate in professional development provided by the Yerucham Science Center throughout the year. In the spring, a delegation of students and coaches from Yerucham visit participating schools for a week of coaching and to lead the annual Miami Jewish Day School Robotics Festival.
Enjoy the video from the 2017-2018 Miami Jewish Day School Robotics Festival:
If you are looking for the right Jewish day school for your family, please visit ProjectGO, a comprehensive website where you will find a listing of the 10 Miami funded Jewish day schools as well as directory of all the Jewish day schools in Florida. To visit ProjectGO, click here.