Who We Are
CAJE is the Jewish educational leadership agency for the Greater Miami Jewish Community. Founded in 1944, CAJE impacts five areas of the Jewish educational scene:
The Mission of the Center for the Advancement of Jewish Education is to:
· Promote quality Jewish learning and identity-building opportunities throughout Miami
· Strengthen the capacity of Jewish organizations to deliver engaging and enriching educational programs
· Serve as a catalyst for connecting Jews of all ages to their rich heritage
To be the transformational leader in Jewish education and lifelong learning in our thriving Jewish community.
- Early Childhood Education
- Congregational Education
- Day School Education
- Teen Education and Engagement
- Adult Jewish Learning and Growth
- Miami Jewish Film Festival
CAJE is led by its Chair, Morrie Siegel, and by a group of committed board and committee members, representing all segments of the Miami Jewish community.
CAJE’s professional team is led by Rabbi Efrat Zarren-Zohar, and is made up of talented Jewish educators with deep and diverse experience and knowledge.
CAJE builds on its strength of using leadership development and professional learning as a lever for impactful change in Jewish education. Recent and current initiatives involve collaborating with partners that include United Way, Avi Chai Foundation, Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education, iCenter, Shalom Learning, Targum Shlishi and others.
New initiatives are in the works that will bring the power of 21st century Jewish learning to more of our educational partners in the field. Among the ideas in the works are expansion of blended learning, “flipped classroom” models, recruitment and retention of day school students, teen philanthropy opportunities, Jewish learning for young adults, and approaches to education that reach students across the greatest possible range of abilities.