CAJE Miami Responds to the Crisis in Israel
Posted on 10/09/2023 @ 06:00 AM
In the midst of what is transpiring in our homeland of Israel, CAJE’s many departments are working diligently to help our schools and constituencies with resources to help support Israel, find comfort, talk with children and students, and take action.
Resources for Parents and Teachers: How to Talk to Children/Students
- CAJE Parent Resource Guide (pdf) | En Español (pdf)
- The Orchard's Webinar: Violence in Israel: A Gathering for ECE Leaders
- Chai Lifeline Blog Post: Battlefronts: Tools for Countering the Horror in Eretz Yisrael
- eJewishPhilanthropy's Article by Dr. Betsy Stone, PhD: Guidance for Talking to Our Kids
- Jewish Education Project: Webinar on How to Talk to Children About Israel Today
- Resources for Schools on Violence and Terrorist Attacks in Israel from Prizmah
- Israel at War: Managing the Trauma for Individuals and Families from Ohel
- How to Talk to Kids About What’s Happening in Israel Right Now – Kveller (Dr. Sivan Zakkai, 2023)
- Talking to Our Kids About Israel (Dr. Betsy Stone, 2023)
- Educational Resources – Israel at War, October 2023 | The Lookstein Center (Bar Ilan University, 2023)
- How to Talk With Kids About the War in Gaza and Israel (Greater Good Magazine, 2023)
- Terrorism and War: How to Talk to Children (American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2023)
- When the World Feels Like a Scary Place (Gerwitz)
- How to Talk To Children About Antisemitism (PJ Library)
Resources for Answering Back on Media, including Social Media
10 Points to Utilize + Quick Responses to What You Might See and Hear in the News or Social Media
Example #7. No ‘yeah-buts’, no ‘what-about’-isms and no excuses justify these horrendous crimes
Whether you are a woman, man, or simply a human being, you must be outraged by the brutal rape and slaughter of innocent civilians. If not, then what values do we have as a society? The premeditated Hamas attacks intentionally targeted innocent Jews in their homes celebrating a Jewish holiday and the weekly sabbath. No matter where you are from, what tribe you belong to or what you believe in, these barbaric acts can never be tolerated, let alone supported.
You might hear: This attack is because of the occupation. Gaza is occupied and under a blockade.
Reality: Gaza is an independent territory governed by Iran-backed Hamas. Israel uprooted all of its settlements from Gaza in 2006 and withdrew all of its civilians and soldiers. Israel left behind greenhouses and other infrastructure, which Palestinian extremists destroyed. Israel and Egypt, both share a border with Gaza, yet Israel was the only country attacked.
You might hear: Gaza is an open-air prison, a concentration camp.
Reality: Hamas has been the independent government of Gaza since 2007 when it violently seized control from the Palestinian Authority. Hamas is free to build schools and improve the lives of Gazans yet it chooses to divert most of its funds to dig tunnels and build rockets. Any Palestinian suffering is caused by the terrorists that impose their will on their citizens.
Excerpts from americanrabbi.com
CAJE Responds to the Crisis
Yea, Though I Walk Through the Valley
Israel is at war. Please donate to assist victims of terror and their families.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation has established an Israel Emergency Fund following unprovoked, multi-front attacks on Israel that began on Saturday, October 7.
The Israel Emergency Fund is providing all of the following – and more:
- Food and essential supplies for affected families, the elderly and the homebound
- Cash for victims of terror
- Emergency medical services and healthcare
- Evacuation, housing and respite
- Trauma relief and psychological support
- Assistance for vulnerable populations, such as children, at-risk youth, and people with disabilities, and their caregivers
- Preparation for medium- and long-term needs
Federation is in close contact with our overseas partners. For assistance, you may also call 305.576.4000.